Thursday, March 6, 2008

From a First Time Runner......

As a first time participant in the Heart Run and Walk, I feel privileged to be part of a team that has gone above and beyond in its effort to receive donations for a worthy cause. When I lent a hand to the Relay For Life last year, I was amazed at the intensity and dedication of Mr. Puckey and his team. I could tell that the team had put a great amount of time into their fundraising activities and that each member was involved in the event to the best of their ability.

I've only had the opportunity to fund-raise independently for this event, but it's been exciting and rewarding to see events such as the second annual Concert For a Cure and Soda Pong Tournament where it's become apparent that this year's senior class was dedicated to help one another and humanity in general at any cost of their own time or money. These events were creative and entertaining methods of fundraising and I hope to blog a bit more about them in future posts. I'd love to post some pictures that were taken either at the concert or the tournament, so let me know if you have any that you'd like to see on this web page.

No comments: